Ship's agency service
Ship’s agency service - is a set of services that a shipping agent hired by a shipowner produces in a port or in a certain territory. The ship agent represents the interests of the shipowner in a port (not at the port of registration of the vessel). Such agent is a direct intermediary between the ship, state authorities and port services at all stages - from the arrival to the port to the exit beyond its borders.
The most common agency services include:
- carrying out of formal procedures related to the port call of the vessel, its port stay and departure,
- establishing a communication between the master of the vessel and the owners of port,
- assistance in providing the vessel with berth, boats, tugs, pilots,
- Supply of fuel, water, food, machinery,
- organization of repair work on the ship,
- acceptance and delivery of cargo,
- registration of ship and cargo documents,
- payment of duties, port dues, fines,
- collection of freight, encashment of its amount,
- crew change formalities,
- protection of interests of the shipowner,
- freight forwarding, and so on.
We carry out all ship’s agency services, including the most complex ones.